PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
Updated January 24, 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN A BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION PROVISION IN PARAGRAPH 13 THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS TO SUE UNDER THE AGREEMENT.
1. No Medical Advice. The Site does not provide medical advice. The contents of the Site, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from our licensors and other Site users, and other material contained on the Site (collectively, “Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We are not a covered entity for purposes of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site! If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, treatments, medications, physicians, providers, products, services, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by us, our employees, advertisers, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of us, or other visitors to the Site, is solely at your own risk. The Site may contain health or medical-related materials that are sexually explicit. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use the Site.
2. Eligibility. The Site is available only to individuals who can enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law. The Site is not intended for use by individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you do not have permission to use and/or access the Site.
3. Your Acceptance of the Agreement. You agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the Agreement with respect to your use of the Site. The Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between you and us with respect to your use of the Site, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and/or understandings with respect to the Site. We may amend the Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion, without specific notice to you; provided, however, that any amendment or modification to the arbitration provisions, prohibition on class actions provisions or any other provisions applicable to dispute resolution (collectively, “Dispute Resolution Provisions”) shall not apply to any disputes that arise prior to the applicable amendment or modification. The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and you should review the Agreement prior to using the Site. By your continued use of the Site, you hereby agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions contained within the Agreement effective at that time (other than with respect to disputes arising prior to the amendment or modification of the Dispute Resolution Provisions, which shall be governed by the Dispute Resolution Provisions in effect at the time of the subject dispute). Therefore, you should regularly check this page for updates and/or changes.
4. Your Affirmative Representations. When you use the Site, you represent that: (a) the information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will update your contact information if it changes so that we can contact you; (c) your use of the Site and your use of services available on the Site do not violate any applicable law or regulation; (d) you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (e) you will comply with the rules for on-line conduct, as discussed in Section 6 below.
5. Rules Governing Site Content and Use; Your Representations and Warranties. The Site may enable you to access information, including news and articles, about substance abuse conditions and treatments. When you use the Site, you represent and warrant that you: (a) understand that we do not make any representation or warranty regarding the qualifications, caliber or suitability of any health care provider listed on the Site to provide the services you are seeking; (b) understand that we do not provide any type of health care or medical advice, treatments or services; (c) understand that your decision to contact, seek out or obtain services of any type, including, but not limited to medical or health care services, from any person, entity or facility listed or discussed on this Site is solely your decision and should be based exclusively on your own research into that particular person, entity or facility and NOT on information obtained from this Site or from anyone who posts information to this Site; (d) understand that the information posted to this Site by other users may not be accurate and could be influenced by a number of things, including personal bias, personal relationship with a particular provider, or other factors which may undermine the objectivity and trustworthiness of the information or opinion posted to this Site; (e) will not use this Site for any unauthorized purpose including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of other users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other electronic communications, or engaging in unauthorized framing of, or linking to, this Site without our express written consent; (f) will not install or promote spyware, malware or other computer code, whether on our or others’ computers or equipment, designated to enable you or others to gather information about or monitor the on-line or other activities of another party; and (g) will not interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on this Site or the networks or services connected to this Site, including without limitation, hacking into this Site, or using the system to send unsolicited or commercial emails, bulletins, comments or other communications.
In the event the Site contains functionality (such as blogs, message boards, questions and answers, quizzes, user reviews of drug information, etc.) that allows users to upload content to the Site (collectively, “Public Areas”), you agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to the Public Areas that infringe or violate any rights of any individual, group or entity. By submitting communications or content to the Public Areas, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. If you make any such submission, you agree that you will not send or transmit to us by email (including through the email addresses listed on the “Contact Us” page) or otherwise, any communication or content that infringes or violates any rights of any party. If you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to us, you agree such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. If you make any submission to a Public Area or if you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to us by email, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted to us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. We may sublicense these rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses. If you wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them to the Public Areas or to us by email. We try to answer every email in a timely manner, but are not always able to do so.
7. Our Intellectual Property Rights. Unless indicated otherwise, all of the Content on this Site and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained on this Site (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to us and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to this Site and the Content. You agree that you will not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of this Site or features that: (a) prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content, or (b) enforce limitations on use of this Site or the Content on this Site. You further agree not to access this Site by any means other than through the interface that we provide, unless otherwise specifically authorized by us in a separate written agreement. If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Content.
8. Our Management of the Site/User Misconduct.
9. Term and Survival. The Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use this Site. Upon termination of your User Account, if applicable, for any reason, you may no longer be able to retrieve materials contained in the account. All obligations which expressly or by their nature are to continue after termination, cancellation or expiration of the Agreement shall survive and remain in effect after such happening, including without limitation sections 12-17.
10. Advertisements, Searches, and Links. We may provide links to third party websites. We do not recommend and do not endorse the content on any third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked third party sites, sites framed within the Site, third party sites provided as search results, or third party offers or advertisements on the Site or linked to from the Site (including but not limited to the statements, representations, recommendations, and/or claims made on such third party sites, offers or advertisements), and do not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third party websites and participation in third party offers or advertisements is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites, offers or advertisements. We do not endorse any provider, product, service, treatment, medication, procedure, offer, or website advertised on the Site.
11. Disputes Between You and any Provider. You are solely responsible for your conduct. You agree that we cannot be liable for any dispute that arises between you and any product or services provider listed on the Site or about whom or which, as the case may be, any user posts information or authorizes the Site to post information. You agree to hold us harmless in the event you suffer any adverse consequences, including medical or financial damages or liability, as a result of any interaction you may have with any person, entity or facility about whom or which, as the case may be, you found information on this Site.
12. Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver.
This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to:
13. Disclaimers. THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONTENT, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND WE DO NOT GUARANTEE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE. INFORMATION ON THE SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT OR CONTRIBUTIONS, (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR HARM, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE OR SERVICES, (C) ANY ILLEGAL OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (E) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE, OUR LICENSORS, AND OUR SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE, OUR LICENSORS, AND OUR SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, RELEVANCY, OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, OR COMMUNICATIONS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SATISFACTION OF ANY GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS REQUIRING DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ON PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRODUCTS OR THE APPROVAL OR COMPLIANCE OF ANY SOFTWARE TOOLS WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SITE. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of certain warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If you reside in one of these states or jurisdictions, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
The use of the Site and the Content is at your own risk. When using the Site, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond our control and jurisdiction. Accordingly, we assume no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site.
Commentary and other materials posted on the Site, if applicable, are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitors to the Site or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be made in writing.
14. Limited Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR MANAGERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTRIBUTIONS, OR ANY OTHER CONTENT THEREIN. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THE AGREEMENT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR FOR BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR IN ANY OTHER WAY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY YOU TO US. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability of consequential or incidental damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to all users; in such states liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, and our/their respective members, officers, directors, agents, partners, and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, expense, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, due to or arising out of: (a) your use of this Site or Content in violation of the Agreement, (b) a breach of the Agreement, including but not limited to any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, (c) any dispute you may have with another user on the Site or any provider, and/or (d) your violation of any right of another individual and/or entity. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
18. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the Agreement, or would like more information from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1407 69th Ave E, Fife, WA 98424.